EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY
Song:Touch From You
*Play with sound*
only$20 a month
For Unlimited Access!
Zoom link will be
provided upon purchase
Mental, Spiritual and
Physical Health Connection
Yoga is more than just another form of physical fitness, it’s also a form of mental and spiritual fitness, in the sense that the work that goes into aligning your body can also be used to align our mind and spirit.
Yoga means to “yoke” or to “unite” and the discipline aims to bring the mind, spirit and body into sync. This is accomplished through the three main components: breathing, postures, and meditation.
As a student of yoga, it is through the physical effort of attaining the postures and controlling your breath that we learn to focus and calm our mind and spirit as we fully immerse ourselves in our practice.
Yoga is not a religion, but a philosophy that can be applied within the life of a believer.
THAW is launching their new Virtual Yoga, Fit4God starting Tuesday, September 1st.
Fit4God Yoga was developed based on the following beliefs:
Ø We cannot control the events/experiences/circumstances of life, but we CAN control our response, by not being “conformed to this world”, but by being “transformed by the renewing of our mind” (Romans 12:2).
Ø Spiritual Health “…mind on the Spirit is life and peace.” (Romans 8:6)
· God lives within all of us, through His Holy Spirit, which lives in us. The more connected we are to His Holy Spirit, the more at peace we will be.
· God has given all of us, meaning and purpose (Romans 12:6-8).
Ø Mental Health “…as a person thinks … so is he” (Proverbs 23:7).
· Getting our thoughts under control is the first step to free ourselves.
· 15 minutes a day of meditation helps capture our thoughts and increase happiness.
Ø Physical Health “… present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
· Connecting our mind and spirit can decrease physical stress and tension, which can lead to decrease in pain and inflammation.
Connecting our mind and spirit can decrease emotional eating and feelings of fatigued, which can lead to weight loss.
· A physically relieved body can lead to increases strength, power, balance, and flexibility.